Recipe: Broccoli and Spinach Soup
Broccoli has been a favorite of mine since I was child. Unlike most children, I actually- absolutely loved vegetables and even became disappointed when I didn't have my favorites on demand... broccoli and carrots! I have to admit that I have somewhat of an addictive personality, meaning that when I like something I can't get enough! This can be seen with my track record with brussels sprouts, caramel macchiatos (a habit that I have broken for many years now) and Amazon Prime videos! I will venture to say that I have not broken this trait of mine when it comes to broccoli. I usually purchase a bit too many broccoli crowns at the grocery store or farmer's market, so much so that they won't quite fit into the vegetable crisper, so I have no other choice than to prepare all of them and indulge, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks until there are no more!
So, I was so proud of myself when I found a quick and easy way to transform broccoli to enjoy it to indulge my love affair. This is why I wanted to share this quick and easy recipe that is almost no cook, and it literally takes 15 minutes. Seriously....15 minutes, and I would venture to say that all the ingredients are more than likely already in your refrigerator. This broccoli and spinach soup is so full of flavor and oh, so healthy.
Go ahead, give the recipe a go and let me know below in the comments how much you love it and how you changed it up to suite your dinner table!
BROCCOLI AND SPINACH SOUP
INGREDIENTS // INGRÈDIENTS
- 4-5 cups of chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 of diced white onion
- 1/2 Shallot (optional)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable stock
- 1/2 tablespoon EVOO
- Ground black pepper
- Herbed Crème fraîche (optional)
DIRECTIONS // ÈTAPES
- Heat pan with EVOO and sautè onions (and shallots) and lightly salt and pepper
- Once onions and shallots are translucent and add broccoli. Sautè broccoli until tender and then add stock.
- Bring stock to a slight boil and add spinach. Allow spinach to wilt and remove from heat.
- Put parmesan into high speed blender (reserve some for garnish) such as a Ninja. Pour all other ingredients into blender as well. Add 1 tablespoon of crème fraîche and blend on medium until all ingredients is broken down and it has a soup consistency. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Pour into bowl garnish with remainder of parmesan and enjoy!